Canon Australia, has announced the launch of five new imagePROGRAF-series large format inkjet printers employing the LUCIA EX pigment ink system which delivers smooth colour reproduction and high-quality black expression.
The new devices, which will be available from 1st November, are the 60-inch imagePROGRAF iPF9400 and iPF9400S (replacing the iPF9100 and iPF9000S respectively), the 44-inch iPF8400 (replacing the iPF8300), and the 24-inch iPF6450 and iPF6400 (replacing the iPF6350 and iPF6300 respectively). These follow the recent launch of two new 36-inch models and complete the 2012 Canon LFP range.
“The introduction of these new ImagePROGRAF devices utilising the highly regarded LUCIA EX 12 colour pigment ink system expands the range of options available to businesses and users,” said James Casey, Sales Marketing Manager, Large-Format Printing. “Highly regarded by professionals in the graphic arts industry, the LUCIA EX 12 colour pigment ink system allows customers to create very accurate colour proofs for pre-press purposes.
“The ink system is also valued by photographers due to the ability to print faithful reproductions of their prized images with vivid colours and neutral mid-tones and it also enables improved scratch resistance for smoother finishing and movement of output, once printing has completed.
“The new devices also introduce a range of unique features to Canon. These include improved colour management and calibration systems. The addition of larger ink tanks on our 24-inch models, and “hot swap” technology across all devices brings improvements to productivity and reduces the total cost of ownership for a much improved customer experience ” said Casey.
There are also a number of new technologies that will be launched with the new range. Calibration Link is a system that allows for stable output from multiple devices, whether in different departments, different floors or different states. Using this, alongside our new Calibration Management Console (CCMC) software means that customers can calibrate one machine and then replicate the results to their entire fleet. We have also utilised our optical technology from our camera manufacturing to enhance our Colour Density Sensor.
However the biggest change is the launch of the new Spectrophotometer on the iPF6450. It has been especially developed for the Canon printers by X-Rite and it is the only built-in Spectrophotometer, available in the market that is XRGA certified.
Key Facts about the imagePROGRAF iPF9400, iPF8400, iPF6450, iPF6400
• The imagePROGRAF iPF9400, iPF8400, iPF6450 and iPF6400 utilise the LUCIA EX 12 colour pigment ink system
• The system enables the 60-inch iPF9400 to cover a reproducible colour gamut that has been expanded approximately 20% beyond that of its predecessor, the iPF9100.
• The iPF9400, iPF8400, iPF6450 and iPF6400 each feature improved scratch resistance, facilitating the finishing and movement of output, once printing has completed.
• Standardisation of LUCIA EX ink across the range from 24-inch to 60-inch
• An optional Spectrophotometer on the iPF6450 has been especially developed for the Canon printers by X-Rite. It is the only built-in Spectrophotometer, available in the market that is XRGA certified. The Spectrophotometer also offers much more versatility and consumes less time in calibrating than other systems.
• New Colour Density Sensor, enables more precise colour reproduction by compensating for colour variations caused by such factors as the age and settings of the printer and allows users to create calibrations on thin paper at a fraction of the time it takes to do so with current technology.
• The unique Calibration Link technology offers stable colour reproduction during large-volume print jobs across a network of multiple printers and when reprinting materials.
• In addition to their 130ml ink tanks, the 24-inch Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6450 and iPF6400 now include large volume ink tanks (300 ml) that are more than twice the size offered in previous models.
• “Hot Swap” technology is now standard across the range enabling ink tanks to be replaced without interrupting print jobs and reducing waste.
• The new introductions to our line up allow for print times to be halved in some of the printing modes.
• The imagePROGRAF iPF9400, iPF8400, iPF6450 and iPF6400 feature the new Colour Calibration Management Console (CCMC) software which allows customers to view the colour status of all machines on their network and highlights when the next calibration is needed. The standardisation of ink across the range from 24-inch to 60-inch also helps multi-printer users to easily control the colour output from all devices.”
Key Facts about the imagePROGRAF iPF9400S
• Features the LUCIA EX eight-colour pigment ink system, which enables the 60-inch large-format printer to cover a reproducible colour gamut that has been expanded approximately 20%.
• Producing deeper dark tones, the device is able to output vivid photographs and high-precision text and line reproduction.
• The iPF9400S is approximately 1.5 times faster than its predecessor.
• In addition to both 330 ml ink tanks and 700 ml large-volume ink tanks, the iPF9400S includes ink sub-tanks to ensure a continuous ink supply and enable ink tanks to be replaced without interrupting print jobs.
• The iPF9400S now enjoys the same benefits as our other products that offer the LUCIA EX ink set, including a variety of improvements on the functionality of the product, such as Accounting Manager (to show the cost of each and every job), a simplified front control panel and more advanced media management tools.
The Canon imagePROGRAF models are scheduled to be available in Q4, either directly from Canon or through Authorised Canon Partners. More information is available on the Canon website at www.canon.com.au