HP has announced new mobile and cloud-based printing solutions for its HP Designjet systems, including an HP ePrint Share application for Android.
On display at the American Institute of Architects 2012 National Convention, the new solutions and features make it easier for architecture, engineering and construction (AEC) professionals and firms to print large-format documents from virtually anywhere. They include:
- An HP ePrint Share mobile application for Android smartphones and tablets, allowing more users to access, view and print drawings on the go.
- New features for HP ePrint Share, including the ability to print PDF files directly from e-mail and optimization for Apple iPad.
- HP-enabled cloud printing, now available directly from Autodesk AutoCAD WS, only available with HP Designjet web-connected printers.
“Today’s AEC professionals demand easy-to-use mobile solutions that fit an on-the-go lifestyle and make viewing, archiving and printing large-format documents available at their fingertips,” said Santiago Morera, vice president and general manager, Large-format Printing Business, HP. “HP continues to address these needs by providing the first large-format printer portfolio that lets customers access and print their designs where the job takes them.”
New HP ePrint Share features streamline design and build process
HP’s award-winning ePrint Share is a free web service that allows AEC customers to access and print drawings from their conference room, home or job site using smartphones, tablets, laptops or the touchscreen of an HP Designjet ePrinter. HP ePrint Share is designed for freelance architects, small- and medium-sized architecture and engineering firms and medium and large construction companies.
“With partners around the world, we needed a solution that would alleviate communication issues associated with working across great distances,” said Brian Swanner, senior architect, Waggonner Ball Architects. “The new features built into HP ePrint Share helped us find ways to share designs with a variety of partners and, with the mobile application, we can print where the job takes us, speeding up the design-and-build process.”
The HP ePrint Share mobile application, now available from Android and iOS devices, provides fast, easy access to files and print jobs, allowing users to:
- Print to any HP Designjet web-connected printer, whether at the home office or a partner’s site, to save time, travel lighter and improve collaboration.
- Print PDF files directly from e-mail by selecting the HP ePrint Share application via the “Open in” button in iOS devices or “Share” button in Android devices.
“As a virtual firm, we rely on technology like HP ePrint Share to help us find better ways to work together remotely, rather than having the overhead associated with a brick and mortar location,” said Jason Prichard, principal consultant, Theatre Consultants Collaborative. “The HP ePrint Share mobile application for Android is easy to install, streamlined and simple to use for mobile printing.”
The HP ePrint Share mobile application enables remote printing to any HP Designjet web-connected printer, including the HP Designjet T2300 eMFP and the HP Designjet T1300 and T790 ePrinters. HP ePrint Share is available at no additional cost as a download for HP Designjet customers. The mobile application is initially available for free through Google Play and Apple’s App Store.