HP Drives Record Results at drupa 2012
Friday, May 25, 2012
Press release from the issuing company
HP today announced that its performance at drupa 2012 surpassed results from any other graphic arts tradeshow in its history, further validating HP’s success in leading the analog-to-digital transformation.
Demand for HP’s new digital printing solutions significantly exceeded the company’s goals for all regions and product lines. Results included:
- Orders from more than 200 customers across 55 countries
- Thousands of qualified sales leads
- Record levels of booth attendees, with more presentations and live demonstrations than at any previous show
Customer demand was especially strong for HP’s new digital printing solutions, including the HP Indigo 7600 Digital Press, the HP T410 Color Inkjet Web Press, the HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press and the HP Print Module Solutions. PSPs also showed strong interest in HP’s next-generation HP Indigo solutions—including the B2-format HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press—in advance of its early 2013 release date.
“Based on our results, the new solutions we showcased at drupa are hitting the sweet spot of what customers need for the jobs customers do today and want to do tomorrow,” said Christopher Morgan, senior vice president, Graphics Solutions Business, HP. “The high level of engagement and excitement from PSPs embracing our solutions exceeded our expectations and reinforced that digital now has the quality, productivity and flexibility to address mainstream applications.”
The drupa exposition is the world’s most significant graphic arts show, held every four years in Düsseldorf, Germany. HP’s stand, the largest of any digital vendor and the second largest overall, featured the industry’s broadest digital color portfolio and hundreds of real customer examples across applications such as labels, packaging, sign and display, publishing, general commercial and transactional mail
New systems highlighted at drupa included:
- The HP Indigo 10000 Digital Press, the first B2-format sheet-fed HP press.
- Three upgrades to the current HP Indigo portfolio—the HP Indigo 5600, 7600 and W7250 Digital Presses.
- Three faster HP Inkjet Web Press models, the HP T410, T360 and T230 Color Inkjet Web Presses.
- HP Print Module Solutions for affordable, high-speed variable-data imprinting.
- Upgrades for HP’s industry-leading selection of large-format printing solutions, including new technologies for the HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press and the latex ink HP Designjet L26500 and L28500 Printers.
- A complete range of workflow solutions, including products from the HP Exstream, HP Hiflex and HP SmartStream product lines.
Success across the industry’s broadest digital color portfolio
HP’s largest drupa order was an agreement with Consolidated Graphics to purchase 11 HP Indigo 10000s, including one of the first beta systems to be installed. German photo market specialist CeWe Color also made a significant purchase at drupa, buying two HP Indigo W7250 Digital Presses as well as an HP Indigo 7600, while Italian firm Rotomail acquired an HP Indigo W7250 and an HP T410 Color Inkjet Web Press. Additionally, Rotolito Lombarda, a sister company to Rotomail, purchased an HP T410 Color Inkjet Web Press.
HP Print Module Solutions are being implemented by many companies, including BÖWE-SYSTEC, MEILLERGHP, and Vertis Communication, for integration into their variable data printing workflows.
HP also had strong demand for its large-format devices, led by sales of the HP Scitex FB7600 Digital Press to U.S. firms Chief Container and PSP, U.K.-based FastAnt and Australia-based Magnify Media.
Strong growth in APJ
HP’s success at drupa illustrates the continued strength of the Asia-Pacific and Japan (APJ) region for the HP Graphics Solutions Business, with China in particular representing a good growth market. APJ-region sales completed during the show included:
- A deal for two HP Inkjet Web Presses and two HP Indigo Digital Presses to Hong Kong-based book manufacturer CTPS.
- The purchase of two HP Indigo 5600 Digital Presses to be installed at CC Joint Printing Group’s Shenzhen Offset Printing facility.
- A sale of an HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press and an HP Scitex LX850 Industrial Printer to large-format graphics provider Golden Colour Digital Inkjet Printing Co. Ltd.
HP also announced that Infotech Machine Co., Ltd., a leading service provider for China’s graphics arts industry and one of the largest distributors of analog presses in China, will make its foray into digital with HP’s proven portfolio of color solutions.
Strong on industry leadership and education
Beyond the sales activities, drupa also was an important forum for education and information sharing among HP customers. The independent HP user community, the Digital Solutions Cooperative (Dscoop), celebrated a milestone of more than 7,000 members worldwide.
HP also displayed hundreds of real customer jobs throughout its stand, including a series of technical manuals from Rotolito Lombarda, a leading Italian publishing firm, printed at the stand using an the HP T410. The pages were bound overnight at finishing-solution provider Muller Martini’s drupa stand and delivered to Rotolito’s customer directly from the show.
HP also showcased winning entries in the HP Print Excellence Awards, a global competition recognizing the best examples of creativity and print quality produced using HP Indigo, Inkjet Web Press, Scitex and Designjet systems.
Additional information is available at www.hp.com/go/HPdrupa12,www.hp.com/go/drupa and through the HP Graphic Arts Twitter feed at www.twitter.com/hpgraphicarts and YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/hpgraphicarts. Join or follow the conversation using the #HPdrupa hashtag.
Post a Comment
To post a comment Log In or Become a Member, doing so is simple and free