HP has announced its line-up of printers for FESPA Digital in Hall 3, including the first showing at a major international exhibition of the new HP Designjet L28500 and HP Designjet L26500 Printers that use HP Latex Inks, and offer a broader range of indoor and outdoor signage.
Top: HP Designjet L26500 Printer
Below: HP Designjet L28500 Printer
In a comprehensive display that extends beyond the exhibition hall, HP will present a range of its printers for flexible and rigid applications both on its stand and at its GSB Experience Center in nearby San Cugat. Visitors to the stand will find examples of new applications that can enable print service providers (PSPs) to develop new revenue streams and grow their businesses.
Adding value to the visitor experience, HP will be demonstrating the full Sign and Display portfolio (including the new HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press, the HP Scitex TJ8600 Industrial Press and HP Scitex XP series printers) at its GSB Experience Center- just 25 minutes away. A shuttle service will be in operation throughout the show.
The 2.64m HP Designjet L28500 Printer, launched in November, delivers speeds up to 70 per cent faster(1) than the HP Designjet L25500 Printer, while the 1.55m HP Designjet L26500 Printer is ideal for customers entering the growing soft-signage market.(2)
Both systems feature new HP 792 Latex Designjet Inks, which produce rich blacks and glossy results on banners and self-adhesive vinyl, and offer double-sided printing capabilities(3) with less user intervention and more accurate, automated registration.
Also on show from the HP Latex printing range is the established 3.2m HP Scitex LX850 Industrial Printer, a production solution that delivers maximum versatility and productivity with multiple workflow features, including dual-roll, roll-to-free fall and roll-to-collector handling and an ink collector.
Along with the printers using HP Latex Inks, there will be information and advice available to help PSPs reduce their environmental footprints.
Tools for growth
Among other versatile printers on the stand are:
• The HP Scitex FB700 Printer helps PSPs increase their capacity to fulfil customer requests and grow their businesses with high-quality prints on virtually any rigid or flexible media(4) using UV-curable inks. The FB700 prints on materials up to 64mm thick and up to 2.5m wide by 3.05m long(5) for the production of durable outdoor and indoor applications, including point-of-purchase displays, tradeshow graphics, interior decorations, banners and furniture. An optional White Ink Upgrade Kit for specialty applications is also available.
• The HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer with HP Vivid Photo Inks, delivers high-quality output and the highest speeds of large format printers in its price class.(6) With chromatic red, HP Vivid Photo Inks offer a wide colour gamut with vibrant colour and deep rich blacks and uniform gloss, enabling PSPs to expand their offering to include top photo-quality prints.
• The HP Designjet Z5200 PostScript Printer – a simple, affordable device for small commercial print businesses interested in entering the large-format market. Suited for a broad range of applications, the 1120mm printer includes HP Instant Printing Pro software that offers fast, easy file preparation and automates production tasks. The printer is compatible with new ColorPRO papers that produce striking, cost-effective everyday prints.
HP personnel will be on the stand to provide information on high-end production devices like the new HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press that features new HP FB225 Scitex Inks, workflow improvements for increased productivity and versatility and an optional multi-sheet loader. A video will focus on the capabilities and versatility of the HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press to enable PSPs to evaluate its potential for their businesses. Delivering power production capabilities with speeds up to 95 full boards per hour and a new POP print mode that images 55 full boards per hour with indoor quality, the HP Scitex FB7600 Industrial Press offers a variety of enhancements to accelerate throughput on a wide range of flexible and rigid media.
Special focus areas on the stand will provide business-building advice and examples of applications that will show PSPs how to expand their services into areas of interior decor and textile printing, as well as their environmental programmes.
(1) The HP Designjet L28500 and L26500 Printers produce an extremely broad range of both outdoor and indoor applications from a single device, which surpasses the number of different applications that traditional eco-solvent printers or water-based printers can produce. The HP Designjet L28500 Printer achieves speeds up to 70 per cent faster than the HP Designjet L26500 and L25500 Printers .
(2) For best results, print on media that does not let the ink trespass onto the printer. Performance may vary depending on media. Users should consult their media supplier for compatibility details.
(3) For best results use media options intended for double-sided printing.
(4) Flexible media printing with an optional HP Scitex FB700 Roll-to-Roll Upgrade Kit.
(5) HP Scitex FB700 Extension Tables are required for long materials. Two sets are required for printing materials up to 3.05m (120in) long.
(6) Based on published manufacturer specifications as of June 2010.
© Graphic Repro On-line, 22 – 23 January 2012.